Sunday, April 22, 2012

Time for Something Sweet!

Good evening, friends!  I hope everyone had a safe and happy Sunday :)

This is the mani that I had on this past Thursday.  It was inspired by a pin I saw on Pintrest.  I did a search for more images and then started painting and this is what I came up with...

Base Coat - Sally Hansen Hard as Nails .  Top Coat - Seche Vite
Colors Used (starting at thumb, then L to R): Elf - Smokin' Hot, China Glaze - Hey Sailor, Confetti - Margarita Senorita, Cosmetic Arts - Explosive, Sally Hansen - Green With Envy, NYC - High Line Green, Revlon - Blue Lagoon, Confetti - Bayou Blue, Essie - Lilacism and Sally Hansen - Rock Bottom.  
For the frosting I used Wet n' Wild - French White Creme, the sprinkles are Spoiled - I Have No Reception and for the cherry-on-top I used Love & Beauty - Red/Multi.

I got a lot of compliments from the kids and staff at work.  I thought they were very cute but a little tooooo busy for everyday wear (plus, what outfit would I wear to match them?? lol).  So then I simplified it to this...

 Base Coat - Sally Hansen Hard as Nails .  Top Coat - Seche Vite
 The darker blue on the tips is Confetti - Bayou Blue.

This personally was much more manageable and subtle.  More "me" :) 

I generally change my nail polish every other day.  I had these on until last night (Saturday) because they were just so darn cute!  And I would have kept them on for longer but I sing in a church choir on Sunday mornings and the dress code is a little strict.  I didn't want to take the risk.  I'll post my "Church Mani" tomorrow with a more detailed explanation (maybe I'll make it a regular Sunday thing?).

So what do you think?  Any questions, comments, advice??  Love to you all :D

Until next time!

Stef <3

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing first post! Those cakes are flawless and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete