Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Strawberry Fields Forever"

Good morning!  No rantings, just straight to the mani :D

I am allergic to strawberries.  Like swollen tongue, hives all over my body allergic.  And it makes me really sad because they're one of my favorite fruits!  I decided to pay homage to the sweet little yummies by putting them on my nails...

 Colors Used: Julep - Rose, Revlon - Watermelon Fizz, Sally Hansen - Green With Envy, Konad - Special White 

I've seen a few of these while googling nail art, I'm not sure who originated this look.  I started with 1 coat of Rose and then 2 coats of Watermelon Fizz ( a watermelon scented nail polish that's very sheer and very sparkly).

I then added polka-dots with the Konad white and the leaves, in Envy, with a striping brush.  I topped it off with 1 coat of Out the Door (although I have it pictured with Julep's Fast Dry Topcoat).  Tada!  

Stwah-berries :D

Red, polka dot, strawberry, Julep Rose, Revlon Watermelon Fizz, nail art, design, mani

They're very fun and I enjoy them quite a bit.  Not to mention the smell super yummy :P

I also have a polish haul to share with you, after the jump as usual...

I got paid for a gig I did a couple of weeks ago and so I took that extra fun money and went shopping :D  While I was out, I went to Nordstrom Rack and picked up the final addition to my O.P.I. NYC Ballet collection and a chunky-heart glitter.  Then I went to Forever 21 and picked up a couple of other pretties I had been eying from my last trip...

 Colors: O.P.I. - Barre My Soul, Savina - Hearts, Love & Beauty - Yellow, Lime and Purple

I also picked up a bottle of O.P.I. Nail Envy (really pricey!).  Here's hoping it works lol.


 Lastly, my Julep June Mystery Box came in the mail.  Not thrilled with it but for $20 I'm not going to complain...

 Colors: Fast Dry Topcoat, January, Amy and Gayle

That's all folks, TTFN, tata for no, ciao...

Until next time!

Stef <3

1 comment:

  1. Singing..... Strawberry fields for ever!!! :D THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete