Monday, November 5, 2012

A Quilted-esque Mani

Hiya!  It's the beginning of another week and as we inch our was closer to the holidays, I have a couple of non-holiday manis I want to share (you know... before I go Christmas crazy!)  Lol so this month I'm going to focus on getting any mani's that I still have in my vault posted/shared and then I can start off the new year fresh :D

So!  The mani today was inspired by a pin that I saw on Pintrest of a quilted mani done by The Polish Aholic.  The pin said to use a ruler to make your lines when the polish was almost dry... and that is a big ol' bunch of bologna!  It came out like a disaster!!  On the actual site, Jen said she used striping tape and I HATE striping tape *sigh*.  So, I gave up on that exact look and went back to basics.  I freehanded it...

Julep Gloria, Love and Beauty Silver glitter, quilted, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used:  Love & Beauty - Silver, Julep - Gloria, Essie - Blanc


 I haven't used Gloria in a while but I'm still oh so inlove with her!  She's just a beautiful coral :)  This is 2 coats.


I received a request from a fan (and a friend <3) to do more glitter manis, hence the glittery accents... you're welcome!  Lol :P


I could have been a little neater/precise with the striping brush when doing the quilting but... whatevs!  I'm not gonna beat myself up about it haha.



I'm quite happy about the way this one turned out :)  I am considering doing a tutorial on this mani (also per request from the lovely Amy at OkAmy).

So what do we think loveys?

Until next time!

Stef <3

No comments:

Post a Comment