Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Candy Corn Spooks

Good morning, dolls!

I told myself that I should calm down with the Halloween manis for a little bit.  You know, maybe pull some regular nail art from out of my picture vault?  Yea, no.  That didn't happen lol.  Last night I thought to myself, "Candy corn!".  But it's nail art that has been done... a lot.  heck, I did it last year.  So then I figured I could incorporate those colors without actually doing cany corn.  Right?  Right!


Color Club Almost Famous, Daisy Nail Lacquer White Diamond, Rimmel Black Satin, China Glaze Toe-tally Textured, Sinful Colors Nail Art Time Off, Halloween, candy corn, ghosts, stiches, water decals, nail art brush, striper, yellow, white, orange, black, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Color Club - Almost Famous, Daisy Nail Lacquer - White Diamond, Rimmel - Black Satin, China Glaze - Toe-tally Textured, Sinful Colors Nail Art - Time Off

I started with my base colors.  3 coats of Almost Famous. 2 coats White Diamond, 2 coats of Black Satin and 2 coatts of Toe-tally Textured (which I bought on clearance specifically so I could use it for Halloween lol).

 
I used the water decals that I received/reviewed for KKCenterHK and placed my ghosts on my ring finger.  Then I took the Sinful Colors striperand added some stitching to my middle finger.  I threw on some top coat and that's all she wrote ;)


Boo!

The most challenging part of this nail art was finding a good yellow to use.  They are notoriously streaky, which is sad because yellow is one of my all time favorite colors.  Almost Famous is a really great yellow polish, but still... it requires 3 thinnish coats before the streaks are covered *sigh*.  Do you have any yellow recommendations?  I'm on the hunt!  Hahaha...

Until next time!

Stef <3

No comments:

Post a Comment